quarta-feira, 8 de junho de 2011

Trabalho "Explores"

I was born in Genoa, Italy in 1451. My parents named me Cristoforo Colombo. I was the oldest of five children. My family did not have enough money, so worked with my father, Domenico Colombo, who was a weaver.
As a young man, I went sailing but my ship was a attacked and it sank. I swam six miles and arrived at a Portuguese beach. Then, I went to Lisbon and sometime after this i became a captain on a Portuguese ship.
I wanted to find a shorter route to the Indies to search for spices and gold came by caravan and this made them very valuable and expensive. King John II of Portugal thought that it was impossible rejected my plan.
I went to Ferdinand and Isabella, the king and Queen of Spain and asked them for assistance. They offered to buy ships - the Nina, The Pinta and the Santa Maria - and hire a crew of 90 men in August of 1492.
We set sail from Spain and two months later we reached land. It was an island and I called the people living there "Indians" because I believed I was near Africa. Then, I returned to Spain here they rewarded me.
Later i went back to sea because the Spanish wanted to colonize the new islands. I made four voyages and it was only on the third one that I realized maybe I was wrong and this was not the Indies but a new great continent, America.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário